Training implies enhancing the skills and knowledge of the employees for performing a specific job. The academic staff training and development is aimed to enhance the capacity of teaching staff by sponsoring them for Master’s and Doctoral degrees, and Bench work within and outside Nigeria. The main impact of this project is to increase in the productivity of our staff so as to meet with the current challenges of globalization and enhance their skills for imparting knowledge to students and research development.
- Priority areas of AST&D in this Institution are science and Technology which has 70% and social sciences and others has 30% recommend to scholars for sponsorship to study for Master degree or doctorate degree at home or abroad.
- The most impactful area(s) of AST&D are Science, Technology and engineering. The sponsorship is based on annual allocation of funds from TETFUND
- The procedure for accessing TETFUND AST&D grants in this Institution is that prospective applicants would be screened first by the Staff development Committee. The Committee has a procedure for screening that comprises: the staff must be full-time confirmed academic staff, the staff must not have negative entry in the file, must present admission secure from recognize institution and the staff must be bonded by this Institution. The successful applicants with their admission would then be forwarded to AST&D Committee for final screening. A submission would then be forwarded to TETFUND accompanied by the Rector’s approval/request letter and academic staff applicants supporting documents. The submission to TETFUND IS ACCOMPANIED WITH SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS(Admission Letter, Filled TETFUND Nomination Form, Resume of Applicants, schedule of fees from the University, Bond form, Medical certificate & Bank details).. The submission is made in hard copy and soft copy. In addition, the Institution use to follow all the TETFUND Guidelines and procedures
- The experience of the Local and International scholars post training return has been very good. Their training significantly impact positively on the Institution.
- There are response measures to handle non-compliance with guidelines for AST&D. There is TETFUND AST&D Monitoring Committee which is responsible for ensuring effective compliance and those measures have been very effective. The Committee is also to ensure that the beneficiaries’ scholars undergo the studies in compliance with relevant guidelines and approvals.